WHEN LIFE GOES SOUTH,
Maud and Frank are on holiday in Chile. Their relationship is fragile and so is Maud. After many years of trying, it is time to face the fact that they will never have children. However, Maud is in denial. After a huge fight with Frank, she runs off and sets out on a road trip through Chile where she meets a boy that goes by the name of Messi. This chance encounter between Messi and Maud turns into an epic adventure across Chile’ s breathtaking landscapes, and down a road of discovery.
DIRECTOR: MARLEEN JONKMAN | WRITER DAAN GIELIS | PRODUCER DANIELLE GUIRGUIS | CO-PRODUCER LEITWOLF FILMPRODUKTION & FATT PRODUCTIONS
● OFFICIAL SELECTION TIFF
● OFFICIAL SELECTION IFFR
● NOMINATED FOR BEST FILM & BEST ACTRESS GOUDEN KALF / DUTCH FILM AWARDS
● PROUD WINNER OF THE LIMBURG FILM FESTIVAL
● BEST FILM AND OF BEST ACTRESS AT THE ASSEN VROUWEN FILM FESTIVAL
● NOMINATED FOR BEST DIRECTOR – DDG
● NOMIATED FOR BEST SCENARIO – ZILVEREN KRULSTAART
Sold to Sundance Channel, USA, Turkey, China, New Zealand, Middle East & North Africa.